When your chakras are out of balance or blocked, certain foods can help you to support your chakras to bring them to health.
Food can help you heal your chakras. Food has specific vibrations according to its colour and the way it grows. These two qualities relate to the properties of the chakras. By eating food with similar colours or properties than the chakras, you can give your body that same vibration of energy to heal and support your chakras.
Chakra healing with food is a journey you need to embrace to bring long term balance to your mental and physical health. You can make eating fun and colourful.
Your body needs a variety of food to work at its best. When your body is healthy, your mind can expand, your emotions will be calmer, and you will be less reactive. You will create the space in your mind and body to be your true self.
Food Energy for Chakra Healing
Everything around has a unique vibration, including you and the food you eat. Food has three types of energy, also known as Prana, positive energy, negative energy and zero energy.
A positive energy food or positive pranic food is the one that gives you the energy to live. This food nourishes your body and mind.
Fresh fruit and vegetables have the highest amount of energy. When these fruit and vegetables are grown organically, free of chemicals and pesticides, they have a high vibration of energy that can nourish your body.
A negative energy food or negative pranic food is the one that takes energy from you. This type of food is generally processed; it requires a lot of energy to be absorbed and provides a minimum amount of nutrients.
A zero-energy food or neutral pranic food is the one that doesn’t take, nor give you energy. There are only a couple of foods with this quality: potatoes and tomatoes. The fact that they have zero energy doesn’t mean you can eat lots of them. If you overeat them, you will become sluggish.
Your stomach digests the food and sends the energy wherever is needed in your body, or it stores that energy if your body doesn’t need it at the time.
The energy of food gets transformed by your digestive system. The more variety of nutrients you give to your body, the easier it is for your body to keep it in balance.
Food for Chakra Healing
Food can help you to support, balance, and heal one or all of your chakras. When your chakras are in harmony, you can enjoy good health of body and mind.
When your chakras are balanced, and your body is nourished, your energy field is shining bright—things in your life flow with ease. The energy you project is pleasant, and people want to be around you. Your relationships improve, and you have mental clarity and alertness. You are aware of your emotions and have the opportunity to act on them or not.
Food has vibrations according to the way it grows and the colour it has.
These two qualities relate to the properties of the chakras. By eating food with similar colours or properties to those of the chakras, you can give your body that same vibration of energy to heal and support your chakras.
By eating food that energises and balances your chakras, you can have better health. The colour of the chakras is like a rainbow. The colour of the rainbow is the first guidance you have when eating food for healing your chakras.
Food with the same colour as the chakra will support it energetically.
Paying attention to the quality of your food is energetically more important than its quantity. Also, acknowledge your emotions around food. Here are some changes you can implement in your life when you are trying to balance your chakras:
- Eat fresh organic food; it has the most energy of all. Try to find local food if possible.
- Before you start eating, take a moment and be grateful for the nourishment you are about to receive.
- Eat slow, chew your food and enjoy the flavours in each bite.
- Observe how you feel while eating and try not to talk much during your meal.
- Observe when you have a food craving if it is something your body needs or something you are addicted to.
- Drink plenty of water (filtered if possible).
- Don’t drink too much caffeine or alcohol.
- Avoid consuming drugs.
Food for Healing Your Root Chakra
The first chakra at the bottom of your spine is the Root chakra or Mooladhara in Sanskrit. The element of the root chakra is Earth; it connects you with the ground.
The root chakra is the base that connects you with the physical part of yourself and your environment; it’s your foundation. For this reason, your survival needs are related to this chakra.
A healthy root chakra manifests as you feeling safe and grounded in this world. You can provide for your basic needs and that of others.
When your root chakra is out of balance, you feel insecure, fearful. You may experience depression, anxiety, negativity, a disconnection between you and your body or between you and your environment.
The food for the root chakra strengthens the physical connection between your body and your environment.
- The vegetables for the root chakra grow inside the ground such as turnips, parsnips, beets, ginger, onions, turmeric, garlic, dark leafy vegetables.
- When your root chakra is underactive, you need to support it with rich protein food like beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, eggs.
- Eat complex carbohydrates such as wholemeal grains such as Bulgur wheat, Buckwheat, oats,
- Enjoy red-coloured fruits like red apples, watermelon, red berries, pomegranate, red and pink grapefruits, cranberries, cherries, raspberries, and goji berries, strawberries, red grapes, red plums, and tomatoes.
- Use spices like paprika, chilli pepper, and red sweet pepper.
- Drink plenty of rooibos and hibiscus tea.
Food for Healing Your Sacral Chakra
The second chakra, just below the navel is the Sacral chakra or Swadhistana in Sanskrit. The colour of the sacral chakra is orange, and its element is water.
The organs that help to purify our body are the kidneys and large intestine. These organs are related to water. The sacral chakra relates to your creativity, your sexual energy and your connection with others.
A healthy sacral chakra manifests as you being independent, disciplined, having a passion for life, and embracing change with ease.
When your sacral chakra needs healing your creativity is low, you are afraid of making decisions, and have little interest in life. You may experience low self-esteem, you could have addiction-like behaviours, have sexual dysfunction or reproductive disorders.
You can maintain a balanced sacral chakra by drinking plenty of water. The food to eat for the sacral chakra has an orange tint and a high water content.
- Eat fruits with orange colour like apricots, oranges, orange bell peppers, papaya, mangoes, peaches, nectarines, tangerines, cantaloupe melon, and persimmons.
- Eat orange vegetables such as sweet potato, yams, squash, pumpkin, and carrots.
- If you eat fish, salmon is your best option.
- Foods with omega-3 like nuts, seeds, and coconut can nourish your sacral chakra.
Food for Healing Your Solar Plexus Chakra
The third chakra above your navel is the Solar plexus or Manipura in Sanskrit. The element of the solar plexus is Fire and its colour yellow.
The solar plexus chakra connects you with your will power, your confidence and vitality. The organs related to the sacral chakra is the digestive system.
A healthy solar plexus chakra manifests as having good digestion, positive attitude about life, strong self-motivation and self-esteem.
An unbalanced solar plexus chakra manifests as having digestive problems, lack of purpose, anxiety, fear, anger, indecision, and not controlling your life.
To balance your solar plexus chakra with food, use the colour yellow as a guide.
- Eat vegetables with a yellow colour like ginger, yellow bell peppers, yellow squash, corn, golden beets.
- Eat fruits like banana, pineapple, peach, pear, lemon, grapefruit, mangoes.
- Include legumes in your meals such as yellow lentils, yellow split peas and chickpeas.
- Eat whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, millet, oats and amaranth.
Food for Healing Your Heart Chakra
The fourth chakra in the middle of your chest is the heart chakra or Anahata in Sanskrit. The element of the heart chakra is Air, and its colour is green/blue.
The heart chakra connects you with your inner love and compassion for yourself and others. The heart chakra also connects the three lower chakras’ physical body with the mind represented by the three higher chakras.
When your heart chakra is healthy, you will be able to give and receive freely. You accept yourself and feel inner peace and joy. You feel worthy, and your relationships are prosperous.
When your heart chakra is out of balance, you may experience fear, grief and deep sadness. You may tend towards depression, jealousy, loneliness, and be judgemental with yourself and others. You may sabotage your relationships because you feel unworthy.
Physically you will experience problems with your circulatory and respiratory systems.
When you cook your food, prepare it with love and when you eat, be grateful for the food you are about to eat.
The foods that can help you to balance your heart chakra are green in colour.
- Eat green vegetables like green leafy vegetables (spinach, chard, kale), lettuce, green beans, peas, collard greens, broccoli, dandelion, mustard greens, Brussel sprouts, sprouted vegetables, and algae like kelp chlorella, and spirulina.
- Enjoy fruits like green grapes, kiwis, avocados, pears, green apples, honeydew melons, and limes.
Food for Healing Your Throat Chakra
Your fifth chakra at the throat and neck area is the throat chakra or Vishuddhi in Sanskrit. The element of the throat chakra is Akaash or Ether, and its colour is blue.
The throat chakra connects you with others through communication, self-expression and speaking the truth.
A healthy throat chakra manifests as you being able to express yourself clearly and communicating effectively. You can also hear others.
When your throat chakra is unbalanced, you may present a weak voice, struggle to express your thoughts and be afraid of speaking your truth. Physically you can experience thyroid problems, low metabolism and pain in your arms, neck and shoulders. You may also have constant colds and toothaches.
The foods that can help you give your throat chakra the energy to be balanced have a high water content.
- Eat sea vegetables like algae, kelp, chlorella, spirulina and nori.
- Eat fruits like blueberries, blackberries, pears, and apricots.
- Enjoy vegetable soups.
- Drink plenty of teas and natural fresh juices.
- Accompany your meal with sauces.
- Boost your immune system with echinacea and ginger.
Food for Healing Your Third Eye Chakra
The sixth chakra in between your eyebrows is the Third eye chakra or Ajna, in Sanskrit. The element of the third eye chakra is Light, and its colour is Indigo.
The third chakra connects you with your inner wisdom, your intuition and your imagination.
The pineal gland is associated with the third eye. This gland is the master gland that controls your the other glands in your body. This chakra is the link between you and the outside world.
A healthy third eye chakra manifests as having a strong intuition and clear purpose guiding your life.
When your third chakra is unbalanced, you will feel a disconnection from your inner wisdom, and you struggle to trust others. You may experience anxiety, depression, introversion, and a tendency to judge yourself and others.
Physically you may experience ear, throat or nose ailments, vision and sleep disorders. You may also have vision problems, memory issues, headaches and dizziness.
You can bring balance to your third eye chakra with foods that nourish your brain. Foods with a purple/blue colour will balance the frequency of your third eye chakra.
- Eat purple fruits like acai berries, blackberries, figs, black grapes, blueberries, plums, and black currants.
- Eat vegetables like aubergines, purple cabbage, blue corn, purple potatoes, purple carrots, cacao beans or nibs.
- Include some seeds and nuts to nourish your brain.
- If you eat fish, include some oily fish like sardines, herrings, and salmon.
Food for Healing Your Crown Chakra
The seventh chakra at the top of your head is the Crown chakra or Sahasrara in Sanskrit. The colour of the crown chakra is deep purple, and this chakra has no element associated.
The crown chakra connects your soul with the universal consciousness. You can grow spiritually when your crown chakra is balanced.
A healthy crown chakra manifests as you having a balance between your intellectual and emotional self. You will know what is your purpose in life.
When your crown chakra is unbalanced, you will experience physical and mental stress. You may feel disconnected from your own body and others. You will tend to isolate yourself. You may have strong feelings of attachment to material things. You can also experience depression and confusion.
To balance your crown chakra with food, you need white coloured food. If you want to see faster results, you can do water fasting to cleanse your system.
- Eat white vegetables like cauliflower, coconut, garlic, onion, parsnips, turnips, and mushrooms.
- Eat sesame seeds.
- Drink plenty of water and chamomille tea.
- Have enough sunlight every day.
- Spend some time in nature.
Balancing your chakras through food can be a fun way to energise yourself with prana to a new healthy you. Healing your chakras with food is pretty simple if you can relate your symptoms with one or more of your blocked chakras. All you need to do is eat the food with the chakra’s colour that you want to balance.
The quantity of food is not essential, but you should pay attention to its quality. Ideally, if you can afford it, eat only organic food. Drink plenty of water that is not chlorinated. Stay away from processed foods. Give some time to enjoy your meal times by yourself or with others.
The relationship you have with food can give you an idea of the relationship you have with yourself. Cooking or preparing your food requires time, love, dedication and the wisdom of how to mix the ingredients, which can be learnt.
I invite you to cook your meals and enjoy this process so when you eat it; you can be grateful to the food you are eating and to yourself for taking care of your own body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Chakra Is Associated with Food?
All seven chakras in your body are associated with food. The Solar plexus element is fire, and it’s linked to the digestive system. You can use food to support the health of your chakras. Eating good quality food, organic and locally produced will provide you with the energy and nourishment your chakras need.
How Do You Balance Chakras with Food?
You can raise each of your chakras’ energy and bring them to balance by eating food of the same colour as each chakra and eating food that has the same properties than the chakras you want to balance.